March 06, 2012

What's in My Morning Smoothie



Blueberries and Raspberries
Blueberries - antioxidant protection, brain health, good source of fiber.
Raspberries -  antioxidant protection, heart health, antimicrobial properties.
 
Hemp Seeds
Essential fatty acids, anti-inflammatory properties, good source of fiber and protein.

Irish Moss
Calcium, iodine, sulphur, and potassium as well as Vitamins A, D, E, F and K. 

Raw Cacao
As stated on Navitas Naturals' website:
"Cacao contains a naturally rich supply of antioxidants, and is also an excellent source of dietary fiber. In addition, cacao is known to be one of the highest dietary sources of magnesium, contains an impressively high iron content, and also possesses many other essential minerals in significant quantities."

Maca
As stated oNavitas Naturals' website:
"Maca has long been used to increase stamina, boost libido, and combat fatigue for good reasons. The root is a superb adaptogen, as it enables the body to more easily adapt to and regulate stress factors imposed upon it. Studies have also identified four alkaloids present in maca, which are known to nourish the endocrine system (the system in the body which is responsible for the production and maintenance of hormones). Maca root is a highly nutrient-dense whole food, as it is packed with vitamins, plant sterols, many essential minerals, amino acids and healthy fats. This is a particularly powerful and balanced food for athletes and those who are looking to combat stress or increase stamina."

Wheat Grass 
Promotes detoxification and highly alkalizing
I used Amazing Grass.

Honey
Raw/Unpasteurized, antimicrobial and many healing properties
I buy mine by the bucket!

Water
Filtered water using my Mavea pitcher.

Vitamix
This is by far the best investment I've made! 
I use it every day, multiple times a day.


Cheers!

A delicious morning smoothie that keeps me satisfied and energized.

I like to sip mine using my Strawesome glass straw. 








What's your favourite morning smoothie?

4 comments:

  1. Great post! How long does the irish moss last in the fridge once it is prepared?

    I've been wanting a Vitamix for years. I might break down and buy myself one if my raise goes through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told that it keeps indefinitely so I gave it a go... and it's true! I've had mine for over a month and it is still good :)

      Let me know how you like the Vitamix once you get it!

      Delete
  2. Such a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, there are a lot of ingredients here that I have never heard of. I will now be on a hunt to find them so I can make this delicious concoction

    ReplyDelete